Your tuition will be determined based on the following classifications:

In-District Texas Resident: You have established legal domicile in and have lived in Texas for the past 12 months and reside in the Austin Community College (ACC) taxing district.

Note: Property owners and their dependents living in Texas but outside the ACC tax district who own property in-district and pay taxes supporting ACC may be eligible for in-district tuition. A current property tax statement and dependency documents are required for verification each semester of enrollment. Property owners on most temporary visas are not eligible for in-district classification.

Out-of-District Texas Resident: You have established legal domicile and have lived in Texas for the past 12 months and do not reside in the ACC taxing district.

Out-of-State Student: You are a U.S. citizen who has not lived in Texas for the past 12 months.

International Student: You are a non-U.S. citizen who is ineligible for Texas residency.

Undocumented Student Residency Status

Texas law (Senate Bill 1528) allows some undocumented students to qualify for Texas residency status. If eligible, you can receive Texas resident tuition rates and apply for state financial aid programs. To be eligible, you must have:

  • Graduated from a Texas high school or received your HSE/GED in Texas.
  • Lived in Texas for the three consecutive years leading up to graduating from high school or earning your HSE/GED.
  • Lived in Texas for the 12 months before the semester you are enrolling in a college or university.
  • Declared your intention to file for permanent residency when you become eligible.

To apply for Texas residency status, submit the Senate Bill 1528 affidavit to any campus Student Affairs office. The affidavit can be found at Residency Status and Undocumented Students.

All other undocumented students are classified as international students for tuition purposes.

Visit Residency Information for more information on residency.