Starting college should be simple, accessible, and all about preparing for success. If you are a first-time-in-college student, you can graduate on time with the support you need. Austin Community College (ACC) Institutes provide a smoother route to your goals by eliminating the guesswork to getting started. Institutes are specialized learning communities with a full-time block of classes starting each fall and covering three semesters each academic year. Finish faster, enjoy a small community of classmates with similar interests, and have regular contact with faculty advisors in your area of interest.
Depending on the institute you choose, you will leave equipped with the transferable college credit to continue at a university or earn a career-technical certificate with employer-approved, job experience under your belt. ACC typically offers institutes like these:
Business Studies Institute
- ACC’s Business Studies Institute provides the high-quality coursework and access to state-of-the-art facilities to prepare you for success in a wide range of business-related fields. Upon completion of this institute, you’ll be prepared to enter ACC’s business administration degree program and transfer to a four-year university.
Honda PACT (Professional Automotive Career Training) Institute
- ACC’s Honda PACT (Professional Automotive Career Training) Institute offers state-of-the-art automotive technician training that will enable you to become a Honda- and Acura-certified technician.
Information Technology Institute
- ACC’s Information Technology Institute offers you a predefined course plan that makes it simple to quickly obtain the required tech skills needed to secure well-paying jobs in information technology. Upon completion of this one year program, you will earn a LAN (local-area network) administration certificate that gets you job-ready and counts toward an associate degree.
Technician/Pre-Engineering (TPE) Institute
- ACC’s Technician/Pre-Engineering (TPE) Institute has been designed to prepare you for a career as an Electronic Technician and/or Engineer. Upon completion of this one year program, you will have the option of continuing on to complete the Associates degree or applying for the Texas A&M Chevron Engineering Academy. In addition, if you meet the requirements, you will have the opportunity to apply for the Samsung Apprenticeship program.
Teacher Prep Institute
- ACC’s Teacher Prep Institute gives you a clear, predefined path that gets you started on an Associate of Arts in Teaching Early Childhood – Grade 6. This university transfer degree provides you with the first two years of a four-year degree leading to teacher certification.
Visit ACC Institutes for more information on current offerings and updates.