DE Summer Institute: Hybrid Course Design
June 25, 2021
Workshops offered July 26-30, 2021 from 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Sponsored by the Office of Distance & Alternative Education, the Summer Institute is designed to support faculty in the design and delivery of hybrid courses.
The cohort will focus on applying effective practices for skillful use of educational technology and for integrating synchronous and asynchronous learning activities in a hybrid learning environment.
Consultations with Distance Education Instructional Designers are available each afternoon in the week.
The cohort will meet via Blackboard Collaborate.
- Hybrid Course Design: What, Why, and How
- Getting Started with Designing a Hybrid Course
- Effective Orientation for a Hybrid Course
- Creating a Learning Community in a Hybrid Course
- Strategies for Assessments in a Hybrid Course
- Hybrid Teaching and Learning Best Practices
- Applying the Quality Matters Rubric