Celebrate Spring 2021 Graduates with a Congrats Video!
April 13, 2021
Calling all faculty, instructional leadership, and teaching & learning champions! We need your help to make Spring 2021 graduation a true celebration! A call for “congratulations” videos is open now through Friday, April 23rd. ACCTV is creating a pre-show for the Virtual Commencement Ceremony ACC is hosting for our Spring 2021 Graduates. Your video messages were one of the big highlights of the last graduation pre-show, so we are reaching out to all instructional departments to continue this new “tradition” of creating video messages to congratulate our graduates.
We’re specifically looking for videos from:
- Individual instructors
- Groups from the same instructional department/team
- Instructional leadership
We invite you to provide this content in one of two ways:
1) Film your video with Faculty Comms: If you choose to use our team, please designate a representative who will be responsible for gathering your department to select a 30-minute film slot, with name and department information in these Google Calendar appointment slots. When you sign up, please let us know how many people will be joining. (i.e. Courtney + 7). For optimal filming experience, we prefer you limit the groups to a max of 12 people. The filming will be done within the 30-minutes on Zoom, where we expect to film the members of your team.
What to prepare before filming: Please download this background in advance. If you’d like to hold up a sign with a special message to a graduate that you may know is graduating, please decorate/create in advance. We also encourage you to meet as a team prior to your filming slot so that your message is ready — we want each team to create a unique well wish, so we would be there mainly just to record and assist with technical questions.
2) Create your own video: If you choose to create your own video, we would need it by EOD Friday, April 23rd, submitted in this Google Drive folder. Below are video guidelines and you’ll want to watch our video covering quick tips for filming remotely.
With either option, we ask that your video message not exceed two minutes. This is a wonderful team-building opportunity and a great way to cheer on our graduates. We look forward to your creative, fun ideas!
- Submit a .MP4 or .mov file.
- Film horizontally.
- When choosing what to wear, please avoid clothing with logos other than your ACC’s (we recommend solids if you don’t have ACC clothing).
- Avoid wearing stripes and plaid it can play tricks on the camera.
- Avoid logos in the background that aren’t affiliated with ACC.
- Please do not add imagery or photos into the video that you did not produce yourself.
- Please do not add music to the video.
- Please do not caption the video.
- Provide the speaker’s first and last name.
- Provide the speaker’s job title.
Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.