Teaching & Learning Champions are faculty & staff who contribute to student learning (Guided Pathways Essential Practice #4). We share their stories to celebrate their dedication to instructional excellence & innovation in a series of spotlight articles. #ACCExcellence

Angelica PetersonMeet Angelica Peterson, Instructional Media Video Producer!

Tell us a little bit about what you do!

As a video producer for Instructional Media Productions, I get to work with faculty, staff and students to create instructional videos from concept to completion. I support faculty at ACC by helping them bring their digital visions to reality. When an instructor has an idea or a need for video production, I get to meet with them and discuss their vision, video needs, and how to execute it. From there we get to work together to capture video during production, and I get to work with them through post-production with editing and adding music, graphics, or other assets to make their videos look polished and presentable. Creating videos that achieve their goal, have a long shelf-life, and helping them feel at ease and with confidence that they will get the quality work they and the students deserve.

Three words that best describe you?

Adaptable, creative, affable.

What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?

Outside of work, I like to go on adventures with my friends, fiance, and my dog, Sagan. Most weekends I spend grabbing iced lattes before hiking, checking out dog parks, or finding a spot to practice my new hobby, roller skating. I’m a huge fan of activities so if I’m not outdoors, you can find me bowling, playing ping pong, or at an arcade.

Do you have a motto or mantra or personal philosophy? Explain.

My favorite quote is “Might as well do somethin’, while you’re doing nothin’,” said by Uncle Rico in the hit comedy film of 2004, Napoleon Dynamite. I love this quote because not only does it apply to my personal life, it applies to work as well. Instead of sitting around wasting time, I like to find things to fill my time whether it’s learning a new hobby, skill, or keeping up-to-date on digital creative trends.

If you could take any ACC class, what would you take? Why?

Since I’m a huge fan of lifelong learning, I find that I’m always looking to learn something new or pursue my many interests. To align with my current career, I’ve considered taking animation classes to bring my illustration and graphic design to a new level. For personal learning, I’ve been considering taking culinary classes or fashion design. I am a huge fan of food and I enjoy cooking (but not the clean-up) and I’ve always had an interest in fashion since I was young either making dresses for my Barbie dolls, altering my clothes for a personal touch, or even making my prom dress. The facilities that ACC has to offer make it hard to decide, but with time, who says I can’t do it all?

Connect with Angelica via email: angelica.peterson@austincc.edu 

Recommend a Colleague:

Do you know someone who is a champion of teaching & learning? Send their name & why you’re nominating them to TLEDcomms@austincc.edu.