Spring 2020 Testing Center Updates
January 23, 2020
The content of this post is a copy of what Holly Delacroix – DeRouen, Director of Testing, sent out to all faculty on Tuesday, January 21, 2020.
Here is some important information from Instructional TestingCenters (ITC) that will assist you in your use of our services during the Spring 2020 semester.
Hours of Operation and Closures:
Link to view the ITC hours: Instructional Testing Center Hours.
Testing centers will have extended Friday hours until 5pm on the last two Fridays of the Spring semester, May 8th and May 15th.
Instructional Testing Closures:
- Monday, March 16st – Sunday, March 22nd, 2020 – Spring Break
- Sunday, April 12st, 2020 – Easter
UPDATED guidelines for Spring 2020:
Testing Centers are no longer using Digital Desk to enter transmittals and check in students. We now have a new system that was developed by our IT Department called TestACCess. As with all new programs, we expect some growing pains with this system and appreciate your patience as we assist you and your students. We are working closely with our project managers to manage any issues that may arise and are prepared with paper check in forms for backup if necessary.
In the next month, we will start working on Phase II of our system to be implemented end of Summer 2020 for Fall 2020.
The TSS website is no longer available for submitting transmittals. Here are the instructions for submitting a test transmittal.
- The most recent version of the Test Transmittal is attached. The transmittal in also on the testing webpage https://www.austincc.edu/facstaff/testing-centers/testing-centers-information-for-faculty in the quick links on the right. Please copy this email and submit all transmittals to email@example.com.
- Testing Centers will not accept old copies of transmittals and you will be asked to complete a new one.
- All paper tests must contain course and faculty information to ensure we are not giving the wrong test or misplace the test. If you do not have the information on your test, please put a copy of the attached cover sheet with each exam.
- All blank tests will be returned at the end of the semester.
Blackboard passwords for ONL sections only:
ONL courses will now need to assign an access password to each online Blackboard test. Passwords will be entered by ACC testing center staff. The transmittal form has been updated to reflect space for you to enter the passwords for each exam. If you do not list any passwords, we will assume one is not needed for your tests.
Distance Education has created a detailed walkthrough of how to set your Blackboard exams up for the semester and covers all the potential testing scenarios you would encounter.
The last day to receive exams, transmittal forms, and related test materials for the Spring 2020 semester:
- Friday, May 8th, 2020 at 1:00pm for non-weekend campus Testing Centers (EVC, EGN, HYS, SGC)
- Saturday, May 9th, 2020 at 5:00pm for weekend campus Testing Centers (CYP, NRG, HLC, RRC, RVS, SAC).
SAS Accommodations for approved SAS students:
Students whose single accommodation is extended time will test in the Testing Centers, guidelines attached.
Testing Center Violations:
Violations are recorded in ACC’s conduct software, Maxient. Resolutions and/or sanctions concerning academic dishonesty in the Testing Center must be forwarded to the Director of Testing for documentation purposes.
Faculty and Student Testing Center procedures are attached for your reference. If you have any questions or concerns regarding an Instructional Testing Center, please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org, the Campus Testing Supervisor at your home campus, or the respective Dean of Student Services.
Have a great Spring semester!
Holly Delacroix – DeRouen,
Director of Testing
Holly L Delacroix-DeRouen, MEd
Director of Testing
Austin Community College
512-262-6541 (fax) 512-262-6896