Notes from the AVP – Personnel Updates
September 16, 2019
Greetings, TLED Team!
A busy semester is underway and TLED is working diligently to manage and coordinate talent/employee changes. My communication to you this week relates to TLED personnel with highlights of new employees, positions posted, and status of hires. Through continuous review of area needs since our merger in 2016, we have been able to analyze each vacancy and determine future requirements to support the changes driven by Guided Pathways. Our division merged areas of common purpose in support of instruction to form what we now call the Teaching and Learning Excellence Division, aligning communication, services, technology, resources and talent. This has allowed our division to be flexible in support of the college’s strategic planning efforts and address shifts in skills needed as our work environments evolve.
TLED managers have the responsibility to practice personnel planning for the sake of the organization and to support employee needs. We want to ensure there is a high level of job satisfaction, employee development, team building and ample engagement. Our goal is to manage attrition and turnover in such a way that the organization and the employees are both supported.
Change towards improvements will continue to be a constant for TLED to ensure we meet the needs and demands of our student success efforts, and we operate with the highest levels of customer service, state-of-the-art technology, stewardship of resources and focus on servant leadership. Below is a brief quote I wrote years ago that seems appropriate to share in this message.
Change that brings peace is uplifting – whether change that we choose to make, or change that comes as a challenge to our perfect world.
I tend to thrive on change, though I know some struggle with it. Acceptance is half the test. Making change an opportunity is the other half.
Below is the current list of personnel updates for our Division. Additional updates will be shared on an ongoing basis.
- Denise Robledo – Will report to me in the interim
- Raja Faris – Will report to me in the interim
- Rene Renteria – Will report to Matt Evins in the interim
- Chantae Recasner accepted a new opportunity outside of ACC. She served the college through her work with Instructional Design, Faculty Support, Faculty Development, Faculty Evaluation and Equity in Faculty Hiring.
- Teresa Ashley retired this summer after 30 years of services as Faculty Librarian at the Northridge Campus and serving as the Diversity Facilitator for Library Services.
- Cary Sowell retired this summer after 45 years of service as Faculty Librarian at various campuses including Ridgeview, Rutherford, NRG, EVC. Cary also served as the SACS Coordinator during one of our reaffirmation visits.
|Susan M. Thomason, Ph.D.
Associate Vice President, TLED
Austin Community College District
5930 Middle Fiskville Rd. Austin, Texas 78752
512.223.7796 / 512.223.7667 | email@example.com