Applications Open: Lead Computerside Chats!
September 12, 2019
Computerside Chat Faculty Lead Scope of Work
Fall 2019- Spring 2020
Reports To Assistant Dean of Faculty Development (contact information listed below)
Position Information: Serves as faculty lead in developing and facilitating monthly Computerside Chats. Computerside Chats are 1.5 hour long online professional development opportunities for faculty focused on evidence-based teaching tips. The chats will occur twice a month, each month will cover a chapter of an assigned teaching and learning book. One of the two sessions will occur midday and the other option for the month will be in the evening.
Term of Appointment: Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 receiving $500 for each month in which the 2 sessions are delivered.
Current dates scheduled for Computerside Chats:
- October: 17th and 21st, 2019
- November: 21st and 25th, 2019
- December: TBD
- February: TBD
- March: TBD
- April: TBD
Eligibility: The faculty lead role is open to all ACC faculty (full-time and adjunct) who have taught at ACC for at least 3 years, researched active and collaborative teaching techniques, and must have attended/been a participant at a minimum of two previous Computerside Chats. Ability to use Webex or equivalent platform to deliver faculty training.
Deadline to Apply: Monday, September 23rd, 2019
- Complete the following application FORM and within it be prepared to submit a letter of interest and CV or resume that includes courses taught at ACC, description of any active and collaborative research completed and/or professional development completed.
General Statement of Job
Provides support to faculty and the faculty development team in the development and in leading facilitation of Computerside Chat Sessions. In the spirit of ACC Faculty Values of collaboration, scholarship, and teaching this role will provide resources and tools in supporting faculty and student success. The faculty lead will have the option to use existing Computerside Chat modules and assessment tools.
- Participate in creation, design, and facilitation of Computerside Chat session content
- Coordinates communications with Media Services, CART needs, TLED Communications and the Faculty Development needs
- Provides content and researched best practices in the area of active and collaborative teaching strategies for both full-time and adjunct faculty
- Ensure that all programs are evaluated and reflect on outcomes, making suggestions for future improvement and growth
- Lead the overall Computerside Chat program
- Record participant completion
Assistant Dean of Faculty Development