Austin Community College (ACC) is committed to fostering collaboration, communication, and access to information among its faculty, staff, and students. Shared Governance meetings are open to all ACC employees for observation.
The commitment to Shared Governance at ACC entails a commitment to the effective use of participatory governing councils and committees to draw upon the expertise of the members of the ACC community, and to represent the stakeholders within the ACC community, in the process of governing the college and guiding it towards fulfillment of its mission.
Each year APTE elects representatives to serve on various councils and committees. Contact your APTE representative with questions about projects, initiatives, or shared governance decisions.
ACC Shared Governance Website
Find agendas and meeting minutes.
Shared Governance Meeting Google Calendar
Find meeting dates and location details.
We encourage professional-technical employees to volunteer their time in our community. Keep an eye on official APTE emails and the APTE website for upcoming opportunities to contribute.
Partner with APTE
Are you interested in having professional-technical employees volunteer for your organization or upcoming event? Email our leadership team at email@example.com!
Past volunteer accomplishments include:
- APTE members raised $1800 in donations for the ACC Support Center in 2020
- APTE members raised $265 for two baskets at the 2019 Boots & Bats Silent Auction
- APTE donated regalia to the ACC graduation office in 2019
- APTE members collected food donations for the Student Life Food Pantry in 2018, 2019
- APTE donated ~$2,000 worth of goods to SAFE in the 2018 Halloween Drive
- APTE donated funds to contribute to ACC student veterans purchasing textbooks in 2018
- APTE members donated 684 pounds of items to the Hays County Food Bank on September 11, 2015
- APTE members raised $4,000 for the College Connection Scholarship in the ACC Foundation in 2011
If you are in a position to do so, please consider donating to Austin Community College’s Employee Emergency Loan Fund. The fund was created in partnerships by ACC’s employee associations to provide immediate financial assistance to employees experiencing an unexpected hardship. Employee emergency funds may be used to help cover unanticipated financial emergencies.
Students work hard to achieve their dreams without breaking the bank! Donate to fund student scholarships.