- We do all of the technical work and provide ongoing support for the life of your student-facing instructional digital project.
- Submit an online project request form for a website or app that will relieve a pain point or bring your Riverbat – worthy idea to life.
- Your project will be reviewed. If it is approved as a student-facing instructional digital project, it will be added to the queue.
- If the parameters of a project request fall beyond our scope, IWP will refer the project to the appropriate team or suggest an alternative resource.
- Once your project’s status has been updated from “in queue” to “active,” a member of the team will contact you to participate in an intake meeting.
- IWP will provide a project draft to you for your feedback and approval.
Launch & Maintain
- Once your project has launched, we are available for future updates, edits, redesigns, and website maintenance.
Timelines are determined by the team’s workload, technical requests, client responsiveness, availability of updated content & other factors. The team will provide you with a specific timeline for your project – the time frames below are averages.
- Updates & Edits – one to five business days
- New Websites & Apps – two to eight weeks
- Website Redesigns – two to eight weeks
- Your primary responsibility is to have fun and work in collaboration with us to bring your Riverbat-worthy website vision to life.
- Be prepared to discuss:
- how can the website or app will help you do your work better;
- the content you’d like to be shared with your audience.
- Gather up to date content and retain copies of all website documents/content.
- Complete the program map update process, as appropriate.
- Provide project draft feedback and approval.
- Review your website once per semester to identify outdated content and submit a request for updates to the team.
Design and Development
ACC Style Guide
- The Office of Communications & Marketing developed a branded style guide based on the Riverbat purple implemented at the end of 2019. This updated page has the most recent ACC official colors, including Riverbat Purple. The official typeface for ACC is Gotham.
- Only official logos created by Office of College Relations & Marketing may be used on your website. If a department needs a logo, we can assist in requesting one from OCRM.
Instructional Web WordPress Template Guidelines
- Add the following sentence to the beginning of the blurb: It should be noted that the Instructional Web WordPress template is used as the foundation for our websites.
Does your department need a new website?
If you answer no to one or more of the questions below,
Contact Instructional Web to schedule an intake meeting.
– Is it consistent with ACC branding standards?
– Is it responsive for mobile viewing?
– Is it designed for accessibility?
– Do you need expert web design assistance?
Is your department site designed for accessibility?
Contact us to review your department’s website for digital accessibility.
Your department’s website should:
– be keyboard accessible
– have descriptive layouts
– have color contrasts
– have alt text descriptions
Instructional Web Wordpress Template
For the hero images, photos are sized to a maximum of 2000 pixel width (72dpi.) All files must be smaller than 2MB. Our team will crop/load, optimize and add alt tags to photos – or will help you with this.
Videos aren’t loaded into WordPress. Instead, they are linked from YouTube or other ACC sites. Here is an example of a linked video. As you see, it is viewable on the page but linked from YouTube.