The Mediasite Desktop Recorder makes it easy to record a video, lecture, or voice-over-PowerPoint from the comfort of your office or home. The tool allows you to instantly upload the video to your Mediasite account, ready for you to distribute to viewers or embed within your Blackboard course. Below is a video tutorial as well as step-by-step instructions with screenshots.
- To download the Desktop Recorder we’re going to click the “Add Media” button found in the upper right of the page.
- That will bring us to this page:
- Click the “download the Mediasite Desktop Recorder” link in the middle of the page, highlighted in red below.
- You’ll get this page after clicking the link, which should let you download the program. Don’t close it after you download and install it though! There’s one more thing left to do.
- After the Desktop Recorder is installed we’re going to find the “Register” button in step three of the page, highlighted below in red. Your browser will ask if it can open an external program, and you need to confirm or allow that (it’s trying to open and register Desktop Recorder with your account.
- This is what the menu for opening Desktop Recorder looks like in Chrome, in Firefox it looks more like an “Open File…” pop-up.
- Once it’s installed and registered Desktop Recorder should be set to go.