ℹ For non-emergency period testing, this process has been replaced with Allow Students to Take Exams with a Remote 3rd-party Proctor.
Please follow these step-by-step instructions to clone your existing tests in Blackboard and make them available to your students:
- In the left-hand column under Course Management, click Course Tools, expand Tests, Surveys and Pools, and then click on Tests.
- Click the chevron that appears to the right of the test name, then select Copy from that dropdown menu. This will duplicate the exam with the same settings and questions.
- From the course menu or content area, click on the menu item or folder that contains the links to your exams (e.g., Unit 1 Exams, Chapter 2 Tests, etc). Under the Assessments dropdown menu, click Test.
- On that next page under Add Test, you will see the name of the cloned test (denoted by the number 1 in parenthesis). Click on that and then click Submit. The test will now be available to edit.
- Back on the Exams page, click the chevron next to the test’s name and click on Edit the Test Options. Rename the test to something distinct from the tests your students would generally take in the testing center. Apply the necessary deadlines and testing instructions you would require for the normal version of the test.
Once you have completed this process, your remote students will now be able to take their exams through a third party proctor such as ProctorU or use Respondus Monitor. We suggest that you provide instructions to your students on which exam to click on based on whether they are a regular student or if they are testing remotely through DT. You can also place the cloned tests in a folder, use the Adaptive Release option and assign students who can access the content of the folder which prevents other students from clicking on the wrong test. Please review the information on making your tests available at the link below.