Before you begin, here are some helpful links that cover the basics of Collaborate:
- Collaborate Essentials
- Overview of Blackboard Collaborate Sessions
- Collaborate Participants (Attendees)
- Using the Collaborate Panel
- Private Chat in Collaborate
- Setting Up Audio and Video in Collaborate
Setting Up Collaborate
- Go to the Blackboard Control Panel, then expand Course Tools to make sure Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is available. If available, go to step #4.
- If not, go to the Control Panel, expand Customization, then select Tool Availability.
- Check the box next to Blackboard Collaborate Ultra, then click Submit.
- Select Blackboard Collaborate Ultra from the Control panel Course Tools menu (Figure 1). The Sessions page containing any created sessions will open.
- Select the Course Room name (1) to edit the room settings or click the context menu to the far right (2), then click Edit Settings (3) to open the setup panel.
- Edit the desired settings and Save.
- Select Join Course Room to enter Collaborate session.
To learn more, view the Schedule Sessions in Blackboard Learn article.
The linked article is created and maintained by Blackboard.
This article was created and is maintained by the Office of Academic Technology.
If you have found an error in this article, or if you need assistance incorporating this article into your course, please contact the Faculty Instructional Support Specialists.